Cynthia from Wa writes
Can I just use Termidor SC to do a perimeter spray without trenching or rodding?
My pest control company was doing perimeter spray with fipronil every 3 months with out trenching and rodding. The purpose is to prevent carpenter ants. I have read the package inserts for Taurus SC and Termidor SC. I don't see any information about this mode of application.
Termidor SC is used for both termite prevention as well as ant control. The termite prevention requires the trenching and rodding, and is done once every 10 years. When using it for ant control, you would spray 1 foot up the side of the structure and 1 foot out into the soil, all the way around the perimeter of the structure, along with around doors and windows. This can be done according the following label instructions:
- DO NOT exceed the specified number of applications per calendar year. More than two applications of Taurus SC per calendar year can be made only if applied according to one of the following frequency and dilution rate application scenarios. The use directions include up to four (4) applications per year at the 0.03% dilution rate for outside surfaces and along the foundation perimeter of listed structures.
- 0.03% 4 times/calendar year OR
- 0.06% 2 times/calendar year OR
- 0.03% 2 times/calendar year and 0.06% 1 time/calendar year
- These directions do NOT apply to CALIFORNIA. California may only do 2 applications a year.
Answer last updated on: 10/24/2018
Was this answer helpful to you?
1 of 1 people found this answer helpful.