Before you apply your preventative perimeter pest control treatment, here are a few easy steps you can take to help make the exterior of your home unwelcoming to pests.
· Inspect the exterior of the structure, looking for any openings or areas where pests could enter your home.
· Seal and repair any potential pest entry points, including gaps around garage doors, window frames, and door frames.
· Replace or repair any missing or broken window screens, door sweeps, weather stripping, soffits, or vent covers to stop pests from entering your home.
· Rake back mulch, pine straw or other bedding at least 6 inches from the foundation. This will help create a dry zone that discourages pests and makes an ideal zone to apply your perimeter pest control.
· Clean out gutters and downspouts, as insects and pests are known to harbor in these areas.
· Cut back trees and shrubs so that they do not touch your home.
And it’s that easy with the expert help from DoMyOwn.com!