Product Q&A

« See More Q&A's

Marie from Hornbeak writes

Is DITRAC rodenticide pet safe?

My cat eats alot of mice but we have more than what she can control. Will this poison kill my cat if she eats any to alot of mice that have ingested this poison?


The risk of secondary poisoning with Ditrac rodenticide Pelleted Bait is very minimal. A mouse only consumes a very small amount of bait at a time and passes it very quickly only keeping a smaller amount in their liver until they succumb to the effects of the bait. A cat would have to actually eat 20-30 mice that have consumed the bait for it to have an effect. In most cases well fed domesticated animals will not actually eat a mouse or a rat that they come across. Instead they will play with it, chew it and then leave it behind.

Answer last updated on: 04/26/2013

Was this answer helpful to you? Yes No

15 of 21 people found this answer helpful.