Product Q&A

« See More Q&A's

Ben writes

Is the Roach Control Kit #2 safe for dogs?

I have a small Boston Terrier occasionally chases roaches and eats them. I was wondering if I used the products in the kit, if my dog were to eat a roach that had been poisoned, would it hurt my dog? Should I board my pet for any length of time after treating my home? We don't have a large roach problem. We are about to have our first child, and we wanted to try and eliminate as many as we could before we brought her home. Thanks for your help.


All of the products in our Roach Control Kits are safe to use in a home with pets, as long as the product labels are followed. Your dog should be out of the area while the Demon WP is being sprayed and until the treated area is dry (about an hour). The Advion Roach Bait Gel should only be applied to cracks and crevices that are out of reach of the dog, and the Gentrol Point Source should be used in areas that are inaccessible to the dog. There is no need to worry about any type of issues from your dog eating roaches that have been in contact with any of the products in the kit. There is only enough insecticide in these products to kill a roach, not enough to have any effect on a mammal. There is no need to board the dog away from the house.

Answer last updated on: 09/06/2010

Was this answer helpful to you? Yes No

4 of 5 people found this answer helpful.