Product Q&A

« See More Q&A's

Adriana from Carson, Ca writes

My 10 pond dog ate a tad bit of First Strike Soft Bait Rodenticide

Will my pet die? What can I do? I didn’t notice until 5 hours later. Please help me


We recommend contacting your veterinarian immediately to discuss the effects your dog may have if they consumed any amount of First Strike Soft Bait Rodenticide.  
Product Label WARNING:
TREATMENT FOR PET POISONING: If animal eats bait, call veterinarian at once.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN OR VETERINARIAN: Contains the anticoagulant difethialone. If swallowed, this material may reduce the clotting ability of blood and cause bleeding. For humans or animals ingesting bait and/or showing obvious poisoning symptoms (bleeding or prolonged prothrombin times), give Vitamin K1 intramuscularly or orally. Also for pets, if needed, check prothrombin time every 3 days until values return to normal (up to 30 days). In severe cases, blood transfusions may be needed.

Answer last updated on: 06/28/2021

Was this answer helpful to you? Yes No

1 of 1 people found this answer helpful.