Product Q&A

« See More Q&A's

Mike from San Antonio, Texas writes

Professional Products

I'm new to the DIY pest control scene, so I have a quick question. I've maintained my professional control service - at great expense - because I've always been under the impression that professional grade products (like the products sold on your website) could only be purchased by a licensed contractor. In other words, I assume professional-grade products are controlled substances by the FDA / USDA (or whoever). That said, is it rather new that any consumer can buy and apply professional products without a license? Or is it a case-by-case issue depending on the consumer's home state? I'm a fan of your website, just not a fan of my bug guy's monthly bill...


Every state will have different restrictions on certain products usage within that state. On average, the restriction for have to have a license to purchase the products comes into play when you are applying them on a property other than your own or for profit. Unless the product is listed on our website as Not for Sale to your state you should be able to get the same professional products to treat your home with no problem. If you have further questions you can also always contact your local department of agriculture.

Answer last updated on: 05/28/2013

Was this answer helpful to you? Yes No

2 of 2 people found this answer helpful.