ProMate Barricade 0 - 0 - 7 with .22% Prodiamine combines the pre-emergent weed killing strength of Barricade with a fertilizer. Use to control broadleaf and grass weeds in established lawns and turf (do not use on putting greens). It works by stopping weed seeds from germinating and developing roots. To be most effective, it needs a minimum 0.5 inch of water applied before weed seeds germinate and within two weeks after application. This product comes in a 50 lb bag.
This product must be applied prior to crabgrass seed germination and prior to the germination of seed of the other weeds listed on this label. Apply uniformly with suitable, calibrated application equipment.
This product is a preemergence herbicide that, when properly applied, will control certain grass and broadleaf weeds in established turf grasses and lawns. The maximum amount of this product that may be applied per year is given for each turf grass species in the Maximum Annual Rates section of this label.
Most effective weed control in turf grasses will be obtained when this product is activated by at least 0.5 inch of rainfall or irrigation prior to weed seed germination and not later than 14 days following application.
The following precautions apply to the use of this product in turf grasses and lawns:
(1) Do not graze or feed livestock forage cut from areas treated with this product.
(2) Do not use on food producing plants.
(3) Do not apply this product through any type of irrigation system.
(4) Do not apply aerially.
(5) Do not apply to golf course putting greens.
(6) Application of this product may thin emerged annual bluegrass and newly overseeded grasses.
(7) Do not apply to overseeded turf within 60 days after seeding or until after the second mowing, whichever is longer. Injury to desirable seedlings is likely if this product is applied before seedling secondary roots are in the second inch of soil, not thatch plus soil.
(8) Do not cut (harvest) treated sod before 120 days after application. Do not apply to newly set sod until the following year.
(9) Application of this product to turf stressed by drought, low fertility, or pest damage may result in turf injury.
(10) Disturbing the herbicide barrier with cultural practices such as disking may result in reduced weed control.
(11) Do not apply this product to putting greens or areas where dichondra, colonial bentgrass, velvet bentgrass, or annual bluegrass (Poa annua) are desirable species.
RATES OF APPLICATION
This product may be applied as a single application or in sequential applications to control weeds germinating throughout the year. All applications must be made prior to germination of the target weeds. This product will not control established weeds. Do not exceed the Maximum Annual Rate per calendar year (See Table 1). Maximum use rate selection should be based on turf species. The length of time of residual weed control provided by this product is related to the rate applied.
MAXIMUM ANNUAL RATES
This product is recommended for use on the turf grass species listed in the table on the label. Do not exceed the maximum yearly rate as given.
WHEN TO APPLY AFTER OVERSEEDING TURF
Do not apply to overseeded turf within 60 days after seeding or until after the second mowing, whichever is longer. Injury to desirable seedlings is likely if this product is applied before seedling secondary roots are in the second inch of soil, not thatch plus soil.
WHEN TO OVERSEED AFTER APPLICATION
This product will inhibit the germination of turf species if overseeded too soon after application. Follow rates and intervals in the table in the label for best overseeding/reseeding results.
Can I apply ProMate Barricade 0-0-7 in the fall to prevent winter weeds?
I am in Southern New Jersey with tall fescue "athletic blend" and Kentucky Blue I just and overseeded. If I wait 60 days from seeding then apply late fall will this prevent certain weeds from coming in in the spring?