Product Q&A

« See More Q&A's

Angela from Anchorage, Alaska writes

Use Bor8 Rods 1/3" x 1" in end of a ridge beam

If I insert these into end of a ridge beam can I then put a metal cap over it or does it need to be exposed to the air?


Bor8 Rods 1/3" x 1" states to seal the hole with a treated dowl, wood filler or caulk and does not mention any metal caps.  We would recommend reaching to WoodCare directly to confirm, they can be reached at 800-827-3480.

Answer last updated on: 09/17/2019

Was this answer helpful to you? Yes No

Bor8 Rods 1/3

Bor8 Rods 1/3" x 1"


Free Shipping*