Shawn from Erie, Pa writes
Will a cat from a kitten to adult size or a small dog get sick or die from ingesting an insect that has been killed by this spray? Say a carpenter ant or something?
Talstar P (Talstar One) is one of our best sellers for all around pest control. Talstar kills over 75 insect pests and can be used for indoor pest control, outdoor pest control, has a long residual, so it keeps on killing pests for over three months after you've sprayed it, is odorless, dries clear, leaves no stains, is non-irritating to the skin, won't break down easily with rainfall and is safe to use around pets. Be sure animals are out of the area while Talstar is being applied and then they can return as soon as the area is dry. Talstar is only designed to kill small insects. Your pet would need to ingest tons and tons of treated insects to have an effect on him/her. If you still have concerns, please contact FMC 800-321-1362
Answer last updated on: 05/13/2013