Secondary poisoning can occur with Generation Mini Blox but it is a concern with just about any rodent bait on the market. However, for secondary poisoning to occur your pet would have to consume many dead rodents that ingested a significant amount of the rodent bait. Typically, most household pets (dogs and cats) do not eat an entire dead rodent, they usually leave them on the doorstep as a trophy. Also, they would have to find numerous dead rodents around that were accessible and this only happens in very bad infestations. Most of the time a rodent will die in the wall or underground in burrows. This being said, there is a new rodent bait on the market that is a vitamin D3 active ingredient which is the safest product to date and greatly diminishes the chances of secondary poisoning, and it poses a very low toxicity to birds. It is called Terad 3 Blox and you can read more about it by clicking on the product name.
Answer last updated on: 02/03/2010