Larry from Graham, N.c. writes,
what is your best product for ant, roaches, spiders. etc. for inside and out. for housewhole
We would recommend using our General Pest Control Kit. It has all the items that you will need to ensure that you are combating various types of insects.
STEP 1 - Spray - Chapin 1 Gallon Pump Sprayer and Temprid SC Insecticide
*To use the Chapin 20000 1 Gallon Pump Sprayer, you will need to screw the hose onto the tank adapter per the instructions included with the sprayer. Turn the pump handle counterclockwise to remove the pump so that the tank may be filled.
*Wear gloves when mixing and handling pesticides, such as Nitrile Chemical Resistant Gloves.
*Fill the tank 1/3 - 1/2 with clean, temperate water. Shake Temprid SC before opening, then add 1 x 8mL dose of Temprid SC Insecticide Concentrate to sprayer tank.
*Secure sprayer pump and gently shake or agitate the tank to begin mixing.
*Remove sprayer pump and finish filling the sprayer tank with water to the 1 gallon mark.
*Replace sprayer pump and tighten securely by turning the handle clockwise.
*To pressurize the sprayer, turn the handle ¼ turn counter-clockwise to release, then pump until you feel resistance.
*Push handle down, turn ¼ turn clockwise to lock in place. Now you are ready to spray. Re-pump sprayer as needed during application to maintain pressure.
*Turn the end of the nozzle to adjust the spray pattern from a pin stream to a wide cone spray.
*Apply Temprid SC to the following areas:
- 1 foot up the foundation of the structure and 1 foot out onto the ground
- around areas where cables, pipes and wires enter into the structure
- around door frames and window frames
- around vents and soffits
- any other area on the structure where insect pests have been active
*Keep pets and children out of the treatment area while spraying and until the application has dried, usually about an hour.
*Try to use up all the spray mixture in one application. If spray solution is stored overnight, re-agitate the tank before spraying. After use, spray some clean water through the tank outside as a rinse, then store the tank empty and open in a cool, dry area.
*Do not apply Temprid SC to edible plants such as vegetable gardens or fruit trees.
*Repeat application at 90-day intervals for general maintenance. In times of higher pest pressure, such as summer months, or in areas with extended direct sunlight, applications may be made more frequently, such as every 30 days.
*Temprid SC may be applied as a spot or crack and crevice treatment indoors in areas such as around door frames and window frames, where utilities enter, and behind and under appliances.
STEP 2 - Dust - Bellow Hand Duster and CimeXa Insecticide Dust
*After your insecticide spray has dried, you can apply the insecticide dust.
*Using insecticide dust can be very messy, so be sure to wear gloves and consider having a moist paper towel handy to clean up excess dust.
*To fill the Bellow Hand Duster, remove the black rubber stopper on top of the duster. Gently unscrew the white top of the CimeXa dust, then slowly tap the dust into the duster. Fill the duster up to halfway (or less), so there is plenty of room for the dust to move inside the duster.
*You may want to add a few small objects such as coins, pebbles, or marbles to prevent clumping inside the duster.
*Replace the black stopper so that it fits snugly into the opening. Remove the black rubber cap from the end of the extension wand. To apply dust, hold the duster upside down, so that the extension wand is on top, then gently squeeze the bellows between the thumb and fingers.
*Apply insecticide dust to cracks and crevices such as:
- around window and door frames
- around areas where cables, pipes and wires enter the structure
- around eaves and soffits
- any crack, crevice or gap where pests can enter
*Dust can also be used indoors in cracks and crevices where the dust will not easily be removed or disturbed, such as behind outlet covers, under baseboards, around pipe collars, and under and behind cabinets.
*Re-apply insecticide dust every 6 months.
*See our Video for more tips on dusting.
STEP 3 - Monitor and Maintain - Catchmaster 100i Insect Monitors
*Use the included Catchmaster Insect Monitor Glue Boards to track your progress:
- Separate each card along the perforated lines to create three smaller boards from each larger card. This will create a total of 12 monitors from the 4 larger cards.
- Fold each trap gently to create a right triangle shape. Remove the adhesive covering on the angled top tab, then firmly press the logoed panel to the adhesive, creating a secure triangle trap with three openings.
- Carefully remove the interior paper to expose the glue surface inside the trap.
- Place glue traps in areas where insects may hide, travel, or breed, such as in and under cabinets, behind toilets, under appliances, and in corners. If desired, remove the cover sheet on the bottom of each trap to expose the adhesive. Press firmly to a clean, dry surface to secure traps in place.
- Monitor traps weekly to check your progress.
- Replace traps if full of insects, dust, or other debris.
*Repeat spray applications every 90 days, or more frequently in the summer, if needed.
*Repeat dust applications every 6 months for best results.
*Continue to monitor the environment and make adjustments as necessary to keep up your Integrated Pest Management practice.
Answer last updated on: 06/30/2015