The Advantage Fly Trap is intended for larger filth flies such as blow flies, house flies, stable flies, larger gnats, and cluster flies. It may catch a few of the fruit flies, but it would not amply compete with decaying fruit from the trees. Be sure to pick ripe fruit and remove fruit that has fallen to the ground as quickly as possible to reduce the breeding ground for fruit flies.
Per the paper instructions that come with the Advantage Fly Trap you would add 25 oz of water.
Yes, there is often a foul odor with most flie traps and this is because flies are attracted to filth. The Advantage Fly Trap should only be used outdoors. The Advantage Fly Banquet Lure has an odor that would not be welcome indoors.
We apologize, but we do not know of any Advantage Fly Trap suppliers in the UK. You may want to contact the manufacturer directly at 800.844.9296 for assistance.
When using the Advantage Fly Trap:
1. Add enclosed packet of Fly Banquet lure into the trap liner.
2. Add water to the fill mark
3. Close the top of the trap
4. Hang trap in a bright, sunny outdoor area with little wind, where flies are a problem. Allow 24-48 hours for the lure to fully activate.
5. Remove and discard the inside liner when it is full of dead flies and insects (usually every 10 days).
There is a hole in the center of the liner for assembly of the trap. If you received liners from us that appear to be defective or damaged, then please contact us at 866-581-7378 M-F 9a-5p EST.