Step 1: Safety is Important for Every Kind of Bat Exclusion
- Secure, reliable ladders
- For steep roofs, person should be protected with safety harness and line rope
- Bucket trucks are important when installation is made on large, commercial buildings or tall residences
Step 2: Find the Point of Entry for Every Kind of Bat Exclusion
- Conduct a "Bat Watch" during best times to identify points of entry
- When Bats come out to feed at dusk or when they return just before dawn
- During the day, check any cracks and holes where they might be exiting Check beneath the chimney, under the eaves, beneath the roof's ridge cap and fascia boards, attic vents, roof vents, etc.
- Look for stains made by droppings and urine
Batcone is Easy to Install:
- To release individual cones: Free the top cone first by twisting the base of the top cone while holding the remaining bases together.
- To fasten cones: Use duct tape, 3/8 inch staples or 1inch screws to fasten the base of the core of the cone to the area surrounding the exit point
- To seal: Use copper mesh stuffing, polyfoam, silicone caulk or foam backer rod to seal the sides.
- To fit: Use tin snips or scissors to trim the plastic as needed to fit the affected area.