Fly Identification Guide
Learn How to Identify Common Types of Flies
Print Article By DoMyOwn staff
How Long Do Flies Live?The typical house fly can live for about 2-4 weeks depending on food supply and temperature.
Adults house flies:
House flies range in size from 4 mm to 7.5 mm with the females usually being larger than the males.
Immature house flies:Maggots, the immature house fly, are about 3 mm - 9 mm long.
- House flies have 2 large compound eyes
- House flies have 6 legs
- House flies have 1 set of transparent wings
- House flies have small antenna
- House flies have short hairs on their abdomen
- Maggots do not have legs
- Maggots are thinner at one end
- Maggots are shaped like small worms
156 of 203 people found this article informative and helpful.