Bri from Doniphan Nb writes
They ate only a little bit of the corner
We recommend contacting your veternarian immediately to discuss the effects your cat may have if they consumed any amount of First Strike Soft Bait Rodenticide.
Product Label WARNING:
TREATMENT FOR PET POISONING: If animal eats bait, call veterinarian at once.
NOTE TO PHYSICIAN OR VETERINARIAN: Contains the anticoagulant difethialone. If swallowed, this material may reduce the clotting ability of blood and cause bleeding. For humans or animals ingesting bait and/or showing obvious poisoning symptoms (bleeding or prolonged prothrombin times), give Vitamin K1 intramuscularly or orally. Also for pets, if needed, check prothrombin time every 3 days until values return to normal (up to 30 days). In severe cases, blood transfusions may be needed.
Answer last updated on: 05/27/2021