No early success in my sandy Florida soil. The tunnels kept collapsing. Then I figured out a solution. I found that I had good luck by smashing the main tunnels and soaking them with a hose. When the tunnel re-appeared, I set the traps - 1 in each direction. The wet soil was much more stable. I have now caught 3 moles in rapid succession. Also, the new traps can be hard to set due to the lack of friction between the jaws and the trigger. I used a small file to grind down a small amount of surface area on each. It did the trick. I have tried the worms and the castor oil granules before. They were no help.
Very easy to set! I had a very strange tunnel mound that looked like a volcano. I just got my NoMol traps in the mail and was excited to try them. I set them yesterday and caught something in one day. I didn't expect to catch a crawfish in the middle of my yard! Wish I could upload the picture!