Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Orcon Mason Bees (6 cocoon per tube) (MB-C6) is considered as an excellent choice for early spring pollinators. They do not sting and are an even great addition to any lawn or garden. With a lot of hair on their body, they are proven to be 120 times more effective than honey bees. This kind of bees carry all their pollen from one flower to another. Mason bees are most effective during colder temperatures, which makes them work well in pollinating fruit trees around any home garden and orchards. Each other contains 6 cocoons per tube.
NOTE: These bees are only available from December to March.
|Active Ingredient:||Mason Bees|
|For use in:||Use for natural pollinating process and help improve the bloom on flowering plants and increase the yield in fruit trees|
|Application:||Can be placed on fence or pole where it can be securely attached
The bees will find their way out of the tube
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label|
|Shipping Weight:||0.20 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Orcon - Organic Control, Inc (Mfg. Number: MB-C6)|
More Information About Mason Bees:
USE: One of the best pollinator bees is the Blue Orchard Mason Bee, officially known as Osmia lignaria. Each Mason Bee is able to do work of 120 honeybees pollinating. This will improve the bloom on flowering plants and increase the yield in fruit trees.
RELEASE: Each tube has 6 bee cocoons in it. Some of the tubes have been split open so that we can inspect them. The bees will chew their way out of their cell and emerge when they have fully matured and the air temperature is warm. If you have an Orcon “Pollinating Pals” nester, remove one of the tubes that are empty and swap it with a Mason Bee cocoons tube. Make sure the tube is facing out with the dark end. If it is not a nester, then place the tube in a place that is wind-sheltered and above ground where it will get the morning sun.
- The bees will usually emerge from their cells in early in the spring, usually in March or April depending on their location. Mating begins soon after leaving the tube and they instantly begin their pursuit for nectar and pollen.
- The female bees will also begin searching for a new home. If she discovers a beetle boring or tube that has been used before, they will first clean it out. If she finds a tube of a nester, they will use it instantly. She will go into the tube and go to the back and start laying an egg, then depositing nectar and pollen for food, and construct a wall to create a cell. This process of wall building is why they are called Mason Bees. The female bee repeats this about 6 to 10 times, forming a cell for each egg.
- This activity usually continues through June, and then they will begin dying. But the eggs are now hatching and eating the food that was left for them.
- The larvae complete their entire life cycle inside each separate cell, and molting between 4 or 5 times. Sometime in August they spin a cocoon and will begin slowly developing into a Mason Bee adult.
- The Mason Bees will occupy their cocoons during the fall and winter and then emerge in the early spring.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
10/04/2017 Jeff from Glen Carbon, Il
QWhen you purchase Orcon Mason Bees, do you get 1 tube that contains 6 bees?
A Yes, the†Orcon Mason Bees (6 cocoon per tube)†will have 6 cocoons per tube.
Yes, the†Orcon Mason Bees (6 cocoon per tube)†will have 6 cocoons per tube.
09/02/2017 Ingrid from Brattleboro, Vt
QI know there's 6 cocoons per tube of Orcon Mason Bees, but how many tubes for that price?
A Orcon Mason Bees (6 cocoon per tube)†is a single tube that contains 6 cocoons.
Orcon Mason Bees (6 cocoon per tube)†is a single tube that contains 6 cocoons.
12/28/2014 Southern from Texas
QHow many tubes come for this price?
AOrcon Mason Bees comes with 6 cocoons per tube.