Stainless Steel Double Hose Barb with Clamps for Foamer Simpson (part #6a) (FSPT06a) is a replaceable part of the Foamer Simpson pump up unit. It secures the double hose of the pump into the nozzle to produce the foam. It's part of the standard part kit for the foamer which is readily available if it breaks or just a need for periodical replacement. The product is made of stainless steel which is ideal for long time use. Bending the double hose part of the foamer may result in breaking the barb that is attached to it.
1. Before use, unlock and lift the pump handle and put three drops of oil from the enclosed bottle directly into the pump opening where the pump handle locks into place. Repeat approximately weekly if using the foamer regularly to prolong the life of the pump. If it becomes difficult to pump, it likely needs oil.
2. For best quality foam, do not fill the foamer to more than 1 gallon. Since air is required to make the foam as well as for pressurizing the foamer, the extra headspace will help.
3. Fill the foamer to the desired level with water, then add the InVade Bio Foam (1 oz per quart or 4 oz per gallon).
4. Swirl the foamer to mix, but do NOT shake. If a large amount of foam develops in the head space, it can possibly block the air intake, resulting in poor quality foam. This should only happen if the foamer is shaken vigorously, and not from normal use. If this happens, pour out the liquid and rinse out the foam and refill.
5. While InVade Bio Foam is not corrosive, it is a good idea to clean the foamer regularly with water to extend its life.
6. If using other products in the foamer, make sure they are compatible with plastic parts.
7. Always de-pressurize the foamer using the valve on the side after use and prior to removing the pump. Beware of spray.
8. The foam consistency can be adjusted by turning the needle valve where the hose connects to the tank. Turning it clockwise (tightening) will use less air, for wetter foam. Turning it counter clockwise (loosening) will result in more air for drier foam.
9. To use the extension wand, remove the short nozzle and screw in the extension wand. Make sure that the piece of white filler looking material remains in the nozzle or extension wand as this is critical for foaming.