The rate for 2DQ Herbicide is dependant on the type of turf you are applying to and is not per gallon of water but is per 1000 sq ft. For cool season grasses, use 0.75 - 1.1 ounces of product to 1-5 gallons of water per 1000 square feet. For warm season grasses, use 0.37-0.55 ounces of product to 1-5 gallons of water per 1000 square feet.
The amount of water used to apply 2DQ herbicide is not critical, but should be sufficient for uniform coverage of the target area. Calibrate by determining the volume of water required to treat 1,000 square feet. Use this calibration volume to determine the amount of water and Dimension herbicide needed to treat the target area (see the following calibration example). Note: Sprayer calibration (volume of spray needed to treat 1,000 square feet) will vary with each individual operator.
Steps in Calibration:
1. Mark an area of 1,000 square feet (i.e. 20 by 50 feet or 25 by 40 feet).
2. Place the sprayer on a level surface and add water noting the final level of water in the spray tank.
3. Spray the marked area with a sufficient volume of water to provide uniform coverage. Refill the sprayer to the same level as before measuring the amount of water added. The measured water added to the sprayer is the volume needed to cover 1,000 square feet.
4. Determine the application rate from the Recommendations section of the label.
5. To each volume of water used as measured in step 3, add the amount of herbicide as determined in step 4.
2DQ Herbicide may take up to 6 weeks to completely kill target weeds depending on what you are treating. You should start to see effects within 1-2 weeks though.
2DQ Herbicide is not labeled to be used on hay or areas where animals graze.
2DQ Herbicide is labeled to control oxalis, and you can use it in established Bermuda turf. There are both pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicides available to use for this weed in a Bermuda lawn.Hi-Yield Weed and Grass Stopper is a popular pre-emergent that controls oxalis/creeping woodsorrel. Please let us know what size lawn you have so we can make more detailed recommendations for you.
2DQ Herbicide does not need to be watered in and should not be applied if rain is expected within 4 hours after the application, and your irrigation cycle should be delayed for at least 24 hours after application. Please refer to the product label for complete application instructions, and use as directed.