Installation instructions can be found on page 9 of the manual. This work is recommended to be installed by a licensed electrician.
A 110-120 VAC remote humidity control is available from the factory. This replaces the factory mounted humidity control on the cabinet of the dehumidifier, and allows the unit to accurately sense the humidity in an area other than the one where the unit is located.
1. Unplug the unit.
2. Pull the black humidity control knob off from the side of the unit, exposing 2 screws. Remove the screws.
3. Remove the front panel of the dehumidifier by removing 6 screws.
4. Remove the 4 screws securing the wiring box to the inside of the blower end of the dehumidifier, and pull the box away from the cabinet to allow access.
5. Insert a romex connector or conduit connector into the hole in the cabinet that is left after the dehumidistat is removed. Pass the cable to be used to connect to the remote dehumidistat through the connector.
6. Disconnect the dehumidistat leads and reconnect with the new wires.
7. Replace the wiring box and screws. Replace the front cover and screws. Tighten any loose screws on the connector.
8. Run the new wire to the location desired to sense relative humidity. Install a 110-120 VAC dehumidistat according to local electrical codes.