Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
Ortho Home Defense MAX Termite and Destructive Bug Killer Concentrate (Trenching) is designed to control and provide protection against destructive pests and home invading insects. This liquid formulation contains 2.4% Bifenthrin as its active ingredient and is considered to be Ortho's most powerful insecticide. It is effective against termites (including Subterranean), Carpenter ants, wood infesting beetles and other wood destroying insects, as well as home and lawn pests like beetles, crickets, earwigs, fleas, German cockroaches, house flies, spiders, ticks, wasps, and more. It may be used as a trench treatment on lawns, around foundations, fences, outside buildings, and wooden piles. It guarantees to protect treated areas for up to 5 years.
- 16 oz.: Makes 5 gal. and treats 37.5 LFT. for termite treatment (Makes 32 gal. and treats up to 5,300 sq. ft. for broadcast insect treatment)
- 32 oz.: Makes 10 gal. and treats 75 LFT. for termite treatment (Makes 64 gal. and treats up to 10,600 sq. ft for broadcast insect treatment)
|Active Ingredient:||Bifenthrin - 2.4%|
|Target pests:||Termites, Ants, Carpenter Bees, Beetles, Chiggers, Crickets, Earwigs, Fleas, German Cockroaches, House Flies, Hornets, Scorpions, Silverfish, Sowbugs, Spiders, Ticks, Wasps, Wood Destroying Beetles, Yellow Jackets and others
* See label for complete list
|For use in:||Foundations, Wood Piles, Fences, Tree Stumps and Stored Lumber|
|Application:||* See label for complete application instructions|
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label|
|Yield:||For termites- makes 5 gallons and treats up to 37.5 linear feet
For broadcast insects- makes 32 gallons and treats 5,300 square feet
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||MA, NY, RI|
|Special Features:||Keeps termites away up to 5 years in areas treated|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Scotts (Mfg. Number: 0194160)|
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Using a sprinkling can, add 3.2 oz. (6 1/2 tablespoon) to 1 gallon of water for each 2 1/2 linear feet.* (*1 quart of Ortho Home Defense Max Termite and Destructive Bug Killer will create 10 gallons of diluted solution and covers 25 linear feet.
- For Poured Concentrate Foundations, dig a trench next to foundation 6 in. wide and 4 in. deep or down to the top of the footing, whichever is less. For Brick and Block Foundations, dig a trench 6 in. wide and 12 in. deep. If the footing is more than 12 in. deep, make holes with a crowbar, pipe or steel rod about 1 foot apart that extend from the bottom of the trench to the top of the footing. Make holes closer in hard packed clay soils. Do not dig below top of the footing to prevent shifting your house foundation.
- Apply the diluted solution in the trench at a rate of 4 gallons per 10 linear feet per foot of depth. Apply half volume of the diluted product with a sprinkling can in the trench.
- Apply other half to the backfill as the trench is refilled.
USING A TANK SPRAYER:
- Add 0.5 oz. (1Tbs) per gallon of water to be sprayed over 167 sq. ft.
USING ORTHO DIAL N SPRAY APPLICATOR:
- Adjust dial to 0.5 oz. (1 Tbs). Put 3.2 oz. (6 1/2 Tbs) to sprayer jar. Do not add water. Coonect hose to the sprayer, then spray uniformly over 1,000 sq. ft. until jar is emptied.