Revenge Rodent Smoke Bomb is effective against rodents such as pocket gophers and woodchucks. Revenge Rodent Smoke Bomb when applied in rodent burrows creates a smoke that is dense, thick, and suffocating into the rodent's burrow. Use Revenge Rodent Smoke Bomb without worrying about secondary poisoning.
Moles, Gophers, Woodchucks, Norway rats, Skunks and Ground Squirrels
For use in:
Non-crop areas (including residential lawns, parks, golf courses, reforested areas, open fields) and in rangeland Do Not use where use of Gas Cartridges is prohibited by local ordinances Do Not use under Buildings, Homes, Porches or any structure due to possible fire hazard
Only use inside of burrows and never inside of buildings
Environmental Hazards: This product is highly toxic to wildlife. Check all burrows for signs of non-target species. If present, do not treat burrows.
ENDANGERED SPECIES CONSIDERATIONS
NOTICE: It is a Federal offense to use any pesticide in a manner that results in the death of a member of an endangered species.
Use this product according to the label instructions to protect endangered species.
PRIOR TO APPLICATION:
Carefully observe areas to be treated. Apply cartridges only to burrow systems or dens currently being used by target species. Do not apply cartridges to burrows or dens known or believed to contain non-target vertebrate animals. Do not use cartridges where vegetation is dry and likely to catch fire.
1. Read and understand the specific directions for the type of animal that you intend to control.
2. Collect sufficient soil, rocks or other noncombustible materials to close burrow system after insertion of cartridge.
3. Make sure the burrow or den hole(s) are large enough for easy insertion of cartridge.
4. Position yourself so that you can light fuse and promptly insert cartridge into burrow. The minimum burn time is 5 seconds. Avoid breathing cartridge smoke.
5. Prepare hold for treatment as specified below [on this label] for target animal control.
6. Insert fuse into cartridge, making sure at least two inches of fuse protrudes from the cartridge (minimum burn time 5 seconds). Working quickly, light fuse and insert cartridge into hole fuse-end first. Never light the cartridge directly [or with less than 2 inches of fuse] nor hold a burning cartridge in your hand. Cover hold immediately with rock or sod, taking care not to smother cartridge. Immediately cover all openings from which gas escape is visible.
I have been careful to deploy these effectively. I dig down and find the tunnels and ensure the bombs continue burning to the end. The bombs seem to stall or slow down the gophers, but don't seem to stop them completely. I continue using these and now The Giant Destroyer. I'll change my review if there are new developments or conclusions.
Had a mole or some other rodent excavating all of
the soil beneath the concrete footing which leads to
the garage. Bad news, undermining the structure.
I place a smoke bomb, lit it and covered the openings
with dirt. Voila, no more rodents.
The moles are in my vegetable garden. Will these smoke bombs harm my plants?
No, Revenge Rodent Smoke Bombs will not harm your plants since they will go in the burrows and dens of animals listed. If you are concerned about your plants and using a smoke bomb underneath it, we would recommend using Talpirid Mole Bait. This mimics their food and is ingested.
Can the Revenge Rodent Smoke Bomb be used under a cement porch?
I have a cement porch in the front of my house where rats are burrowing.
According to the Revenge Rodent Smoke Bombproduct label, this product should NOT be used under buildings, homes, porches or any structure due to possible fire hazard. It should only be used inside of burrows. Please see our Rat Guide for more information on recommended products for rat control.