What is a Pheromone Trap?
A Pheromone Trap is one kind of fly trap that uses powerful sexual attractants, or "pheromones", to lure most small flies and filth flies to a sticky glue pad where they are unable to escape once captured.
When to use Pheromone Fly Traps
Pheromone Fly Traps may be used in any situation where flies are a problem and toxic chemical control is not desired. Small Pheromone glue traps like the Gold Stick Fly Trap are ideal for homes, garages, offices, etc., where minimum control is needed. Larger models such as the Ultraviolet Pheromone Trap are appropriate where a greater level of control is desired, such as restaurants, store fronts, and other business applications.
Benefits of Pheromone Fly Traps
- Pheromones and glue strips are not harmful to people or pets, unlike some toxic chemicals.
- Pheromone traps do not emit any unpleasant odors.
Two Kinds of Pheromone Fly Traps:
- Description: Catchmaster Gold Sticks are long tubes with a sticky glue and fly pheromone attractant for capturing and killing house flies and other nuisance flies. Catchmaster gold sticks come in a patented "clean access" perforated box that is easy to use and handle.
- Where to Use: Gold stick fly traps can be placed on window sills or hung vertically in areas of fly activity. These fly traps can be used in garages, homes, offices, barns and stables, dumpsters, etc.
2) Ultraviolet Pheromone (Glue) Traps
- Description: UV Pheromone Traps attract flies using ultraviolet rays, where the fly gets stuck on a removable glue strip. Glue strips utilize pheromones to further attract nuisance flies that are not as readily attracted to the ultraviolet light. This model is appropriate for most public and food settings.
Benefits of Ultraviolet Pheromone Fly Traps
-Ultraviolet rays are not harmful to people or pets
-No unpleasant odors.
-Powerful ultraviolet light provides for optimum coverage.
-UV rays attract a wide range of flying insects, not just flies.
-Many ultraviolet fly traps are designed to look like ordinary light fixtures, making them perfect for discreet control in public venues.
View our entire line of Fly Control products, including fly bait, fly traps, and fly lights.
Getting Rid of Flies
Fly Light Traps
Sticky Pheromone Fly Traps
Indoor Fly Control
Outdoor Fly Control
Natural Fly Control