I live in South Florida and have a chickee hut which looks like a log-framed, open-air hut with dry palm fronds covering the roof. The log frame is unpainted. The powder post beetles are in the stalks of the dry palm fronds. I followed the instructions to make the stronger 15% solution for a single application applied by brush. Four weeks later, the dust continued to show up. I did a 2nd 15% application with a spray since I still had half the bucket. Another four weeks later, I'm still getting dust and have seen for the first time the actual beetles on the outside showing full health. Apparently, it's mating season. I informed DMOPC about my huge disappointment and they escalated the matter to the manufacturer Nisus Corp. whose representative said the stalks of the dry palm fronds are not considered softwood applications for Timbor to be able to penetrate. Thus, my application may have been successful with the Bora-Care treatment. However, it's 3x more expensive thus it was never an option in the first place.
I used according to directions, and it does not dissolve. It clogged up my garden sprayer, and made it very difficult to clean. After mixing, wait 5 minutes and all the compound is at the bottom of the bucket. When sprayed on a wood surface, it does not penetrate; rather it crystallizes on the surface.