Product Q&A

« See More Q&A's

Sandra from Chicago, Il writes

My 80lb dog ate two pouches of First Strike Soft Bait Rodenticide, what should I do?

Answer:

We recommend contacting your veternarian immediately to discuss the effects your dog may have if they consumed any amount of First Strike Soft Bait Rodenticide.  

Product Label WARNING:

TREATMENT FOR PET POISONING: If animal eats bait, call veterinarian at once.

NOTE TO PHYSICIAN OR VETERINARIAN: Contains the anticoagulant difethialone. If swallowed, this material may reduce the clotting ability of blood and cause bleeding. For humans or animals ingesting bait and/or showing obvious poisoning symptoms (bleeding or prolonged prothrombin times), give Vitamin K1 intramuscularly or orally. Also for pets, if needed, check prothrombin time every 3 days until values return to normal (up to 30 days). In severe cases, blood transfusions may be needed.

Answer last updated on: 04/27/2017

Was this answer helpful to you? Yes No

12 of 14 people found this answer helpful.