The QuikStrike Fly Abatement Strip (QuikStrike) contains a unique active ingredient that controls
nuisance flies through ingestion. The active ingredient is contained in a sugar-based matrix that flies find irresistible. Flies will land on the station and begin exploring the surface. Once the flies locate the sugar, they will begin feeding. Shortly after feeding, the flies will begin to die.
Tips: 1 QuikStrike trap per 100 feet -- For best results, place trap no higher than 3 feet above the ground. Flies feed at 3 feet and lower. Will attract flies from 100 to 300 feet away. You should always apply fly bait products away from where people will be, as this trap does have a foul odor to help attract flies.
Loading Docks, Parking Garages, Dumpsters, Stables, Kennels, Aviaries, Refuge and Recycling Facilities, Dairy Barns, Poultry Houses, and other areas where flies are a nuisance.
1 QuikStrike trap per 100 feet -- For best results, place trap no higher than 3 feet above the ground. Flies feed at 3 feet and lower. Will attract flies from 100 to 300 feet away. You should always apply fly bait products away from where people will be, as this trap does have a foul odor to help attract flies.
Quik Strike Fly Traps are easily placed wherever flies are a nuisance, offering up to 8 weeks of consistent, effective control.
Advanced patented triple action attractant.
Active ingredient nithiazine kills flies within seconds.
Each trap offers consistent control for up to 8 weeks.
Approved for outdoor use near fly feeding areas or in partially enclosed areas.
Features a curved surface to which flies are instinctively drawn.
How Does QuikStrike Work?
Each QuickStrike Fly trap strip contains a special container of attractant that is crushed at the time of placement. Upon being crushed, this attractant is released into the air and will lure any flies that enter the premise to the trap. Once the fly finds the source of the attractant—the QuickStrike strip--it will begin actively exploring the surface, which is coated with an irresistible sugar-based matrix made from the active ingredient nithiazine. Upon ingestion, the active ingredient nithiazine results in immediate paralysis and death.
Tips for Placement of QuickStrike Traps:
1. For optimum results, place the station low to the ground where flies actively forage.
2. Bait stations placed in rafters or areas higher than 4 feet will not be as effective. Place the bait station on a stationary object.
3. Flies seen at higher locations are resting and not actively seeking food.
4. Do not allow the bait station to blow in the wind, as flies will not land on moving objects. Stations are most effective when placed on flat surfaces.
5. QuikStrike should be protected from moisture and direct sunlight, when possible. Excessive moisture will reduce the residual life of QuikStrike.
6. QuikStrike can be attached to dumpsters, refuse bins, garbage chutes, poles, feed bunks, walls, fences, and other surfaces out of the reach of children and animals.
How to use QuikStrike Fly Traps:
In enclosed structures or sites with low to moderate house fly populations, use 1 strip per 300 ft2. In open structures or sites with high house fly populations, use 1 strip per 100-150 ft2. Ventilation will not diminish QuikStrike effectiveness since it works by fly feeding action.
1. Remove the QuikStrike strip from the protective pouch. Handle by grasping corner tabs.
2. This product contains 1 attractant container on the fly bait station. Crush the attractant container at time of application. (You may use a hammer to crush attractant vial) Replace attractant container in plastic clip. NOTE: This attractant has a strong odor. Wear gloves to protect your hands as the attractant is extremely hard to wash off.
3. For best results, hang or affix device close to fly forage areas out of reach of children and animals. Place strip close to the ground in areas that are inaccessible to children and animals. Avoid placement of strip in locations higher than 4 feet above the ground.
4. Do not place where daily activity will get strips wet.
5. Replace when effectiveness diminishes.
I have used this product for years in horse stalls, around the house and we always have had very good results. I am an exterminator by trade and I think the reason that people are not having the results they expected is because they're not using it properly.follow the directions a little bit closer! there is an attractant at the top of this strip that has to be broken in order to attract the Flies to kill them. remember the placement height as well!
I would not recommend this unless the fly problem is very small, I placed two of these in our covered patio but see no change in the flies, I could have put out empty milk cartons and got the same effect, zero! Really I haven't seen a fly on them or a dead fly anywhere, I wish I had only bought one
These things work great if you know how to use them. I have found they work with the capsule broke and without. We have chicken houses so I should know. I put one over a bucket of water and literally pored out layer after layer where they had died on the water. The water drew them in and then the strip killed them. Then there was piles of them dead beside it. Also, at our house since it is so close to the chicken houses we have a fly problem too. I put one next to a left over sandwich or anything sweet like Kool-aid and it doesn't take long before they start dropping like flies. Excuse the pun. Also, they seem to last forever.
I am educated person and I could not figure it the directions. I had to assumes alot and figure our alot of how to dos. Finally went to their web site to get more info still I was not completely clear. I usually don't return stuff we buy but it was close! We bought for the backyard with small fly problem. Too much trouble to figure it out to set up and messy. It was not worth it!
We use one Quick Strike strip in each stall of our horse barn, where both horses & dogs stay at night. We also use them in 3 sided horse shelters. Each morning, there is a huge pile of dead flies under the strips. In spite of the fact that the instructions suggest to use the strips out of areas of drafts, they still are an important part of our fly management! Their effect seems to last a number of months.
How high off of the ground should QuikStrike Fly Abatement Strips be placed?
In what type of sheltered area can it be used?
For the best results, don't place the QuikStrike® Fly Abatement Strip more than three feet off the ground. Typically, the closer to the ground the better the results. QuikStrike needs to be firmly attached since flies do not forage on moving objects.
QuikStrike should be used outdoors around dumpsters, in and around stables, dairy barns, milking parlors, kennels, poultry houses, aviaries, swine houses, feedlots, refuse and recycling facilities, plus other facilities where flies are a nuisance. When used outdoors, try to place QuikStrike in or on an area that will decrease the chance of the bait strip getting wet.
QuikStrike can also be used indoors in trash compactor rooms. However, while the active ingredient in QuikStrike is odorless, the attractants have a strong odor that could be offensive if placed indoors where people are living or working.
What happens if chickens eat the flies killed from the QuikStrike Fly Abatement Strip?
For there to be even a chance of your chicken having any effect from flies killed after eating from the Quikstrike Fly Abatement Strip, they would have to eat at least their weight worth in flies that have died from it.