Why Shop with Us
Customers also Bought:
The Koppert Larvanem 50 Million (74520) holds Heterorhabditis bacteriophora (third stage larvae) in inert carrier material. It targets the larvae of different species of beetle, such as as the black vine weevil Otiorhynchus sulcatus. Nematodes work by earnestly searching for the target species and penetrating them. They feed on the contents of the larvae by discharging specific bacteria from their digestive tracts. These bacteria change host tissue into materials that nematodes can easily ingest. Affected specie will become slimy and its color will turn from white-beige to red-brown. Within a few days, all larvae are expected to die.
Koppert Larvanem is available in two sizes:
- The small size contains 50 million larvae.
- The large size contains 500 million larvae.
THIS ITEM CANNOT BE CANCELLED OR REFUNDED ONCE ORDERED
|Active Ingredient:||Entomopathogenic nematode (Heterorhabditis bacteriophora)|
|Target pests:||Larvae of various species of beetle, such as the black vine weevil Otiorhynchus sulcatus.|
|For use in:||Crops|
|Application:||Watering can, sprinkler system, backpack spray unit or vehicle-mounted spray unit.|
|Coverage Area:||For a light curative sm box (50 million) will cover 2000 sq ftFor a heavy curative sm box (50 million) will cover 1000 sq ft For a light curative large box (500 million) will cover 1/2 acreFor a heavy curative large box (500 million) will cover 1/4 acre|
|Shipping Weight:||1.00 lbs|
|Manufactured By:||Koppert Biological Systems (Mfg. Number: 74520)|
Heterorhabditis bacteriophora (entomopathogenic nematode)
- Larvae (third stage): size 0.6 mm long
- Other stages: develop inside host
Preparation of spray solution
- Put the contents of the pack into a bucket containing 5 litres of water 59-68F (15-20C).
- Stir well and leave to soak for 20-30 seconds.
- Stir well once again and pour the entire solution into the spray tank.
- Top up until the required amount of solution is in the tank.
- Spray immediately after preparation.
- Use the whole pack in one go, as the distribution of nematodes in the pack is not homogenous.
Application and dose
- With a watering- can, sprinkler system, backpack spray unit or vehicle-mounted spray unit.
- To avoid blockage, all filters should be removed.
- Use a maximum pressure of 12 bar on spraying boom or pistol.
- The spray nozzle opening should be at least 0.5 mm (500 microns).
- Spray over the soil surface.
- Continuous mixing should take place to prevent nematodes sinking to the bottom of the spray tank.
- Water the crop before and after application.
- Keep the soil moist for the first 2 weeks after application.
- The moisture content of the soil must be high.
- Soil temperature between 57-91F (14-33C).
Storage and handling
- Shelf life: see package for expiry date.
- Storage temperature: 36-43F (2-6C).
- In a dark place.
Have a question about this product?
Ask our product experts...
Ask a Question
08/24/2015 Emily from Berkeley
QHow do I figure out how many Koppert Larvanem (Heterorhabditis bacteriophora) to get for my garden?
Is there an application ratio of nematodes per square ft.?
A Per the manufacturer for the Koppert Larvanem (Heterorhabditis bacteriophora) the rates are as follows For a light curative sm box (50 million) will cover 2000 sq ft
For a heavy curative sm box (50 million) will cover 1000 sq ft
For a light curative large box (500 million) will cover ½ acre
For a heavy curative large box (500 million) will cover ¼ acre
Per the manufacturer for the Koppert Larvanem (Heterorhabditis bacteriophora) the rates are as follows
For a light curative sm box (50 million) will cover 2000 sq ft