Sod Webworm Treatment Guide
How to Get Rid of & Control Sod Webworms (Lawn Moths)
Print Article By DoMyOwn staff
- It is most effective on the smaller worms, so early inspection and identification is important if you choose B.t. as a form of control.
- There are different strains of B.t., so ensure you choose one formulated for control of sod webworms.
- Read the label carefully and follow all instructions to ensure successful control. Watering grass thoroughly before application can help effectiveness.
Beneficial nematodes are also a non-chemical control method available for control of sod webworms. If you choose this type of non-chemical control, keep in mind that nematodes are living things, and should be used shortly after purchase. There are different types of nematodes, so choose those that will control sod webworms.
- Apply the product late in the day, since these pests are active at night.
- Water your turf thoroughly a few days before application, which will help bring worms to the surface.
- If the product label allows, mow before application to remove any excess turf that will impede product penetration.
- Always follow label directions carefully for the safest and more effective control.
127 of 141 people found this article informative and helpful.