The Tomahawk Humane Roundhouse Trap is a specially designed trap for feral cats. It can also be used for other animals of similar size. It is a one-of-a-kind humane circular trap that eliminates straight walls and corners for the trapped animal to push against. Emphasizes security and portability. Its internal plastic cover protects trapped animals from elements and keeps them calm. Its easy door release allows quick baiting, release, or transfer. Its side handle lets you carry it easily. Comes with a removable bait dish.
1. Place the trap in trapping position by setting it on the ground with release door facing up. Unhook the spring clip from the release door, and slide door open to gain access to the inside of the trap.
2. Make sure food/water cup is attached to the trap before proceeding to step 3. It may have been dislodged during shipping. If so, put cup back by placing into the green plastic cut-out, and slide cup grooves over the trap wire from left to right until it’s firmly attached.
3. Locate the trap door which is on the side of the trap. Push the trap door open and into the trap pushing on or near the sheet metal portion of the door to dislodge it from the magnet. Swing the door in just past the trigger panel.
4. Locate the trigger panel which is attached to the bottom of the trap. One corner of the trigger panel is rounded with a hump pointing up. With the trap door open, reach into the trap and lift the trigger panel until it comes into contact with the door. Let the door ease back toward the closed position until it catches the hump on the trigger panel. Your trap is now set.
5. Place food in the food bowl as well as a small amount near the trap door and inside the trap opposite the trap door. This will draw the cat into the trap to find the food in the tray. Food only in the cup may confuse some cats who will scratch at the trap door and not enter.
6. Replace the release door and use the spring clip to latch it.